Strain, sprain or overexertion
Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) are strain, sprain or overexertion injuries to muscles, tendons and joints. These injuries can occur suddenly from an incident like a fall or over time from repetitive motions such as jumping from the cab. They can creep up on you gradually or hit you like a 90 mph fast ball.
Some examples of MSDs include rotator cuff injuries, carpal tunnel syndrome, back strain and tendonitis. Using proper techniques to complete work can reduce the risk of developing these injuries.
( Source: www.KeepTruckingSafe.org )
How the RSHB® WINDER could help to prevent injuries?
Simply Let this tie-down strap winder do the job for you! The RSHB® Winder is a tool designed with your safety in mind:
- Before doing anything, use proper security equipment required for your operation (gloves, suitable safety shoe, helmet, high visibility safety vest and safety glasses)
- Work in front of your flatbed winches, so you always keep an eye on your straps to avoid injury
- Work with one hand on the tool and one on your strap to get a nice, neat and tight roll every time
- Use the drill torque selector in the “screw” mode to ensure safe use in the event of a blockage of the winches or straps.
- insert the RSHB® pinion into the roller of the winch
- In forward mode, press the drill’s trigger so the drive dog will take its place in one of the winch’s holes then you will be able to wind your entire strap.
- Slow down the speed of the tool just before the chain and its hook to avoid injury.
- Engage the reverse mode on your drill and pull the trigger to allow the drive dog to fold back onto the pinion so you can remove the RSHB® from the roller.
- avoid shoulder (rotator cuff) injuries, carpal tunnel syndrome, back strain and tendonitis due to manual hand winding.
- Made for men and women truckers
This drill strap roller tool does the work for you and is a must for your flatbed tool box.
The most common types of injuries in the trucking industry
Identified by *TIRES ((Trucking Injury Reduction Emphasis / website : www.KeepTruckingSafe.org ) include:
- Slips, trips and falls.
- Strains and sprains. (the RSHB® winder could help you)
- Being struck by an object.
- Motor vehicle collisions.
From this data TIRES learned that the root causes of most of these injuries was attributable to four specific work activitites in trucking:
- Loading/unloading and material handling.
- Exiting the cab or trailer.
- Walking around the yard, terminal or customer site.
- Tarping/strapping a load. (the RSHB® winder could help you)
Preventing injuries to muscles, tendons and joints
Low-cost and simple solutions do exist that can help reduce the number of strain and sprain injuries in your company. The RSHB® winder is a low cost solution.
Hundreds of companies have shown that investments in injury reduction are paid back in less than a year. The RSHB® winder will be paid within 12 to 13 loads
You will find at http://www.keeptruckingsafe.org/musculoskeletal-disorders.html#guide the basic steps to address strain and sprain injuries in your company.